Wednesday 5 September 2012

Road Trip....Part 2

Well my trip continued for a few more hours.  I stopped for supper and on my way to the restaurant, there on the ground was this maple leaf.  It always feels home when you see them and it reminds you to never forget where you're from.



In France, everyone is allowed in restaurants.  This little jack russel was so cute and believe it or not, was in fact eating from the plate.  I asked the lady if I could take a picture and she was so proud of her little dog.  I didn't dare tell her that in Canada, you can't bring your dog in restaurants.  Well you can't on PEI.  I think France is known for the Jack Russels because at that same restaurant, the guy behind the bar had one there too, just lying on the floor.  When I went to pay, she came right to me. Again today, walking in Arras, I saw a Jack Russel.


I know you're not suppose to drink and drive or talk on the cell phone but I never saw where it said you can't drive and take pictures.  I had to take this one from the mirror.  I crossed it.  I took a deep breath and just stayed on the road.  It's the Pont de Normandie or Bridge of Normandy and it's a cable road bridge.  It goes over the Seine and links Le Havre to Honfleur in Normandy.  Google it.  It is quite amazing.



I can't believe I crossed it.  What a thrill.  Can you see up ahead the curve I had to go on.  Oh ya, I did it.  Me and Tom Tom.


























And because I was so important, I had my own pay toll thingy.  I would get close to the toll booth and get in line and just pick that thing and made sure everyone else saw me.  I felt like Mr. Bean, flashing this thing around.  Hey, look at me.  I'm a somebody.  I did however drop it on the floor on the passenger's side and couldn't get it in time to flash it and I had to get a ticket and pay at the other end.  No big deal, it was fun just having it.  I really didn't know where I had to point it, so I had it all over the windshield.


I made it home before dark so that was a bonus.  I can't see at night anyway so it was better for everyone that I make it home when it was still light out.  What a great road trip.  I hope they ask me again.  I feel like I accomplished something that I never thought I would.  I guess you can still show an old dog new tricks.  People have confidance in me and I surpass myself.   It is quite an adventure that I am living and so grateful for the opportunity.  I'm living the life that many would want.

Last Monday, I went to Cantebury.  You have to say it the British way.  Went through the Channel and went shopping.  Pictures will be on the next blog.  I had a great time and I thank Arlene for taking me with her.  

Well time for bed.  I'm back to work tomorrow.  Have a great evening and thanks for reading.  Hope Mirjam, Claudia, Johannes and Werner had a great trip.  I'll be talking to you soon.

Bird  xoxoxoxox


No comments:

Post a Comment